Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fringe

The Night Googler has limited time and energy, and must make the tough decisions when it comes to choosing what to watch. J. J. Abrams new show Fringe made it onto the radar. I'm interested in all things J. J., especially in the leadup to his upcoming Star Trek movie. My greatest fear is that his star will drop due to shoddy projects, and Fringe is the start of that possible decline.

First off, the Night Googler is not a big fan of the X Files, although I have enjoyed those few episodes I watched. Fringe appears to be a copy of this format, with lots of wisecracks, gray area science, and illogic. It's like they took all the bits of Lost I don't like and spun off a new show from those dregs. Granted, I am making a snap judgement after watching 25 minutes of the first episode. But sometimes the Night Googler has to be ruthless.

So I'm not going to watch any more. Goodbye, Anna Torv, and good luck to you. I'll miss your confused and worried expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment