Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Japanese For Busy People (product review)


I was very disappointed in this book/CD package. The title was misleading. My situation is that I am going to Japan in a couple of months, and, while I am there (for work) I have a series of tasks to accomplish in a very limited period of time. I needed to learn Japanese phrases for all situations that could help me to speed things up and get done faster. For example:

"Could you hurry up with those Ramen noodles?"

"Sorry I pushed past you to get on the Bullet Train."

"I believe I am the next to be allowed entry into the Royal Palace."

Essentially, I needed a phrasebook for busy people in busy situations. The title led me to believe this is what I would get - I had no idea they were referring to people who, because they are busy, have limited time to *learn* Japanese. That's very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment