Monday, October 27, 2008

Life Expectancy Calculator

Do you want to find out how much longer you've got to live? Use the Life Expectancy Calculator (click here for the Eons calculator website) to get an eery estimate of your life expectancy. You'll have to answer 40 multiple-choice questions, and sign up (which is free, but requires that you enter your name, date of birth, and email address). Supposedly, I'm going to be blogging until I'm 87.

The creepy part is, after I finished, a link said, "Find out how to live to be 94". The page of hints shows how changing one's behavior can increase life expectancy. For example, if I stop drinking coffee, I'll add a year to my life. I'll have to think about that. One more year in exchange for no more coffee? For now, I'll stick with the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment