Monday, October 13, 2008

Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) Tells All



Maureen McCormick (who starred as Marcia Brady on TVs The Brady Bunch) has joined the ranks of troubled child actors, as she reveals in her new book, Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice. Ms McCormick tells all about her abusive father, string of affairs (which included Michael Jackson, Steve Martin, and co-star Barry Williams), and her problems with drugs (namely, cocaine and Quaaludes). The drug use started after her run on the show, and were coupled with a lack of confidence that saw her fail in an interview with Steven Speilberg and seriously curtail what she probably could have parlayed into a very successful career.

McCormick, now 52, has emerged from all that now, and is once again a successful actress, as well as being on Celebrity Fit Club and, of course, a writer.

I had a big crush on her, as did 99.9% of other boys who watched The Brady Bunch, so I'm glad to hear she's doing all right and still looking good. I also once saw her in person in New York, in about 1980. She would have been about 25). I was walking down the street, around 57th St and 6th Avenue, and was admiring, in as respectful a way as possible, an anonymous woman who was walking with her 'back' to me, about 15 feet in front of me. Suddenly (I don't know why) she turned around and looked straight at me - and it was Marcia Brady! I just kind of half-smiled at her, and that was that. Those kinds of things happen in New York a lot.

I wished she asked me to do some drugs with her (hypothetically, of course).

Read the full story here

No comments:

Post a Comment